This is a post for those with a sweet tooth. Dieters beware!
If you are still reading this get a piece of paper and a pen (or grab your iPhone), you are going to want to take notes.
Danny Hertzberg’s Guide to Dessert:
- First off I love Joe’s key lime pie. I like it ice cold with whip cream on top. Good anytime of the day. Joe’s Key lime pie is way up there in my favorite desserts.
- The deconstructed espresso tiramisu at Macchialina is off the chain in a melt-in-your-mouth kind of way. It really shouldn’t even be labeled as a tiramisu.
- The cherry pie at Epicure is unbelievable. You may even be tempted to eat just the crust. The blueberry and apple are both good but it really is all about their cherry pie.
- Oh! And Epicure’s raspberry rugelach (pronounced roo-ga-lock) is amazing, amazing, amazing. If you have never had rugelach Epicure is the place to try it and I would recommend the raspberry.
- Last but most certainly not least I really have to mention the Frieze. Ice cream is a dessert staple for many of us and nobody, I mean NOBODY does it better than the frieze. The ice cream is so good that they have been open for 25 years and in South beach and that makes it a classic. When you stop by you really have to try the cappuccino chip and take home a pint of the peanut butter sorbet mixed with the chocolate sorbet, it will be gone by morning.